Mission Editor Tutorial and Example Mission
Automatically download, install, and launch this mission in KerbalEdu.
You may also manually download the mission here:
Mission Editing Training- Example A...sfs
Included in this demostration is tutorial (Mission Editor Tutorial) and a example mission. Version 1.1 includes more easier lesson challenges.
KerbalEDU user will learn:
How to use Mission library
Options in Mission editor and using Hyperedit with it.
How to plan, publish and document user missions.
Timeline: KerbalEDU user can learn basics in one hour. With the goal of actually making it playable, we are talking about one afternoon project.
KerbalEDU installed on the computer
Account name and password to Mission Library
Grouping: Grouping can be used with this lesson. Basically anyone from adolescent to teachers can be utilized to plan and build up missions. To keep Mission Library filled with good quality missions, every mission should be tested before publishing them!
Teacher standards in England - Teaching
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
4. Plan and teach well structured lessons
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
Next Generation Science Standards: Practices For K-12 Science Classrooms
1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information